Tuesday-Sunday 11:00-19:00 (18:00 admission stops). National holidays are open
On-site purchase: Visitors must purchase tickets at the service desk on the first floor of the Shanghai Museum of Contemporary Art.
Online purchase: Visitors can go to the Shanghai Museum of Contemporary Art's official WeChat to purchase tickets, and receive discounts for bundle purchases. You may also visit affiliated ticket selling websites.
Students and Teachers: Registered students in China (excluding part-time students) with student ID or ISIC International Student ID, and teachers with a teachers ID, can enjoy a discount of 10 yuan for on-site purchases.
Groups: Groups of 20 or more people can enjoy half price tickets. A group certificate or introduction letter is required for verification during the visit. Please make arrangements one business day in advance. Call: 31108550 to reserve a group tour. (Other promotional discounts cannot be used in conjunction with this offer)
Free Visit Policies:
1. Active military officers, retired cadres, families of martyrs, people with disabilities, people over 60 years old, members of the Chinese Artists Association, members of the Shanghai Artists Association, and elementary and preschool children accompanied by adults. (One adult with two children)
2. International Museum Association (ICOM): Members of the International Museum Association can visit for free with valid ICOM documents.
3. Weekly Free Day: Every Tuesday is free entry for all visitors. (Excluding national holidays)
Address: 678 Miaojiang Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, 200011
Metro: Exit 2, South Xizang Road Station (Line 4 and 8). Walk straight to Nan Chezhan Road and turn right, and continue to Huayuangang Road (approximately 15 minutes). Alternatively exit the station and walk straight to the "South Zhongshan Road / South Xizang Road" bus station and take Bus 1212.
Bus: "Miaojiang Road/Wangda Road (Power Station of Art)"
Station, Bus 1212; "South Zhongshan Road /South Chezhan Road" Station, Bus 45, 66, 109, 144, 306, 327, 780, 869, Bus 6 Daqiao, then take 10 minutes’ walk.
Car: Take South Xizang Road exit from Inner Ring Road Overpass, then turn right to Nan Chezhan Road and drive to the end (Huayuangang Road). Driving from Xujiahui is approximately 25 minutes.
The PSA has no dedicated parking lot, please go to either:
- Wangda Road Parking lot (3 minutes’ walk)
- Bansongyuan Road Parking lot (near Miaojiang Road, 5 minutes’ walk)
Audio guide can be rented from the information desk on the 1F.
Group tours: free every Sunday 14:00-15:00, assemble and register at the information desk on the 1F.
Little Bee Tours by primary and secondary school students: 11:00-18:00 every Sunday, in the exhibition hall.
Services and Facilities
Wheelchairs and strollers;
Power Cafe (5F);
Yun’s Fusion Cuisine (7F).
No pets allowed in the museum;
Please do not touch the artworks;
Please store large backpacks and baggages in the lockers;
No flash photography (photography prohibited for certain exhibitions);
No eating or drinking;
Please keep quiet;
Please set your cell to vibrate only.